HAMPTON SAILING CLUB
5 September 2021
NOTICE OF RACE
The Organizing Authority is Hampton Sailing Club
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, Web Site www.hamptonsailingclub.com
- The event will be held at Hampton Sailing Club.
- The date of the Enterprise Open Meeting is 5 September 2021.
- This event is organised by Hampton Sailing Club.
- Competitors should note that Hampton Sailing Club supports the RYA Racing Charter and that when entering competitors will be required to undertake to sail in compliance with the Charter.
- The Race Series
- The races will be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing 2017– 2020 (RRS), the prescriptions of the RYA, the Sailing Instructions, this Notice of Race and the rules of the Class Association.
- The number of races is indicative only and will depend on weather conditions.
- Registration will be on arrival at Hampton Sailing Club
- Entry forms for each event sailed must be submitted with the £10 entry fee (per event and cash or cheque only) before racing.
- Sailing Instructions will be available at registration.
- There will be a briefing for competitors in the vicinity of the club house at a time to be designated by the Principal Race Officer at approximately 10.40
- 3 Races, the warning signal for Race 1 will not be before 10:55 hrs
- Classes and Eligibility
- All boats entered must hold valid registration certificates with current buoyancy endorsements where applicable.
- Conditions of Sailing and Personal Liabilities
- Responsibility The safety of a boat and her entire management including insurance shall be the sole responsibility of the owner/person racing the boat who must ensure that the yacht and crew are adequate to face the conditions that may arise in the course of the race. Nothing whether in the Notice of Race, Sailing Instructions or elsewhere limits or reduces the absolute responsibility of the owner/person in charge of the crew, the boat and her management.
- Competence It is for the boat to decide whether she is fit to sail in the conditions in which she will find herself. By launching the boat confirms that she is fit for those conditions and her crew is competent to sail and compete in them.
- Class Requirements All boats, crew and equipment must comply with the measurement and sailing requirements of the Class Association.
- Insurance The boat is required to hold adequate insurance and in particular to hold insurance against third party claims to the sum of at least £2,000,000.
- Organiser’s Responsibility Nothing done by the organisers can reduce the responsibility of the boat, nor will it make the organisers responsible for any loss, damage, death or personal injury, however it may have occurred, as a result of a boat taking part in the racing. The organisers encompass everyone helping to run the race and event, and include but are not limited to the organising authority, the race committee, the race officer and patrol boats.
- Patrol Boats The provision of patrol boats does not relieve the boat of her responsibilities.
- Inspections Measurement certificates or boats may be inspected before or after any race at the discretion of the Principal Race Officer (PRO), who may stop a competitor from entering or racing if the PRO considers an inspection unsatisfactory. An inspection does not absolve the boat owner or sailors of any of their responsibilities as set out above.
- Minors All competitors under the age of 18 years at the time of the event are required to complete a parental declaration signed by their parent or guardian.
- Personal Buoyancy All under 8 years of age must wear adequate personal buoyancy at all times when on club premises and on boats or when sailing except when inside the club house under supervision. All must wear personal buoyancy when sailing if Flag Y is displayed.
- The low point system (RRS Appendix A4) will apply. Number of Races (RRS A1). When four or five races are sailed, the best three races shall count; when three races are sailed the best two races shall count; when only two races are sailed both shall count. RRS A2 and “scores not discardable” will apply. Boats that did not start, did not finish or retired after finishing will be scored according to RRS A4.2 save that a boat which does not come to the starting area shall be scored points for the finishing place two more than the number of boats entered in the series.
- Change of Helm
- Change of Helm – A change of helm is classified as a new entry
- Prizes will be awarded at the discretion of the Hampton Sailing Club Sailing Committee
- Rights to use Names & Likenesses
Competitors automatically grant to the organising authority without payment the right in perpetuity to make, use and show any motion pictures, still pictures and live, taped or filmed television of or relating to the events.